03 August 2011

terrible 2's?

I'm pretty sure we've hit terrible two's about 7 months early. I know we are in a different place this week, and she doesn't have her room to play in/toys to play with. But it's been ridiculous. I was constantly chasing the little rugrat, saying "NO" and swatting her hand for a good 4 hours last night. My patience was running very thin. I rarely ever get this way with her, and I do not like it. I feel so bad getting on to her and then she hits the floor in fits. I stand over her and wonder "Oh God, am I going to have one of those kids. Those bratty kids who have melt downs on the floor of a store when they don't get their way??" I currently do have one of those kids. I'm really hoping that all kids go through this phase. They do, right? It's normal for her to throw herself on the floor in tears when I tell her we are not climbing up the stairs, right? I blame a lot of it on the stubbornness she inherited from her dad. Ok, me too. I told Adam last night we should seriously consider changing our name to The Stubborns. That sweet little child is going to spend some much needed time with her BeBe (Adam's step mom) tonight, and I pray for them and their trip to Chick-fil-A. I sure hope Brent doesn't read this before 6:00 and have "something come up". If that's the case then, look Brent! Look how sweet!

Tonight, I get to celebrate the birth of the babiest Hen. Larsen is finally 21!!!! We can publicly go out and frolic without worrying about Larsen looking like the girl on her ID. :) It will be nice to get out and have a drink..or five..with this lovely lady (far right) tonight.

Happy Birthday to one of my oldest and favoritest friends!! Love you!

xoxo,
Cadence

No comments:

Post a Comment