07 August 2011

weekend bustle

I hope everyone had a great weekend! And didn't pass out from the heat. It's been ridiculous. I'm really really over it. Bring on the 70's!! When we got home Friday afternoon, we came home to an "I love you" present for Amelia from my college pal, Caroline. She had written the sweetest card to Amelia, and sent the CUTEST clothes. It makes my heart smile that I have friends that love Amelia the way they do. I obviously couldn't be more obsessed with her, so it's fun to have friends ask about her, love on her, spoil her, smother her with kisses, etc. That just turned my whole day around after the long car ride we had Friday morning. These are the stinkin' cute clothes. {Amelia's already worn the Lilly outfit and the ruffle butt outfit.}


For her crabbiest days


 Yes, Amelia now has Lilly. Paint By Numbers Lilly!




Friday on the drive home, I began to experience some pretty crappy stomach cramps. They carried on to Saturday and bothered me all day long. I didn't pay them much attention while I was out at yard sales, because I have other things on my mind when I yard sale - find good things before my momma does! ;-) It was a pretty successful day of yard saling. I enjoyed the morning, aside from leaving my cell phone at a yard sale. I got Miss Priss some Austin cow boy boots. So not fair...I want some Austin's!!! I got them for $4. Can you believe it? These treasures were just one of many. When I got home and the rush of good deals wore off, the pain seemed more intense. I sucked it up and drove over to San Destin with my mom and dad to help do a beach wedding for LoughTide Beach Weddings {family biz}. It was a beautiful wedding and it was fun to help out. Listening to my dad tell the giddy couple about the meaning of their rings and the significance of them was a nice reminder of what he told Adam and I in December 2009.


Amelia's Austin Boots - one of my fave yard sale pick ups



I felt like I hadn't seen Amelia at all Saturday, so I was looking forward to her waking up and spending the morning together this (Sunday) morning. Until, I was up with horrible cramps and lower back pain most of the night. Mother nature's monthly visit is actually a week late this week, but no I'm not pregnant. So since everything was kind of strange and I was feeling so awful, Adam and I decided I would go to the ER this morning to try to figure things out. Also, let me tell you that I can't get an appointment with my doctor until about 27 days after I call to make an appointment, and the ER made a lot of sense this morning. No, I am not pregnant. This was the first thing they tested for, and quickly got me those results as that is what would make the most sense of this confusion. So they hooked me up to an IV {I feel queasy, just typing it}, and left me hooked to it for almost 3 hours and did a pelvic exam {OWWW!}. While we sat there I told Adam I definitely deserved a treat for all of this trauma. Like an iPad? He said Waffle House. I had to take what I could get. Finally the nurse walks in and asks me if I'm ready to go. I replied "....yes...". Duh? She then proceeded to tell me they were diagnosing me with "severe pelvic cramps". Really??? Ya don't say. I had to keep my mouth shut and get out of there ASAP. So here I sit, hours later still in pain, wishing I had my morning with Amelia back. Tomorrow we will get our girl time in!

Gonna leave you with some pictures and hit the hay! By the way, Amelia has learned "say cheese" when it comes time to pictures and it's the cutest thing ever. Until the next cutest thing ever that she does.





 If you're wondering how many shots I can get of her eating a donut....this is not all of them.


 Auntie Love


Sportin' her Lilly


 Cutest face




Love trying to teach her funny faces

xoxo,
Cadence

1 comment:

  1. Amelia sure has one perty mama. Glad to call her my bestest.

    ReplyDelete