11 August 2011

date night, baby lough & amelia

Last night was date night! Auntie M and Uncle Jake kept Amelia for us so we could go out for a little while. We went to the "dollar" movie in downtown FWB. It's an awesome place. You sit at your own table and you are served whatever you'd like from their menu. It's a little over priced, but its a one-stop-shop for date night. Pizza, beer & a movie all in one place. We went to see the newest Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and it was great! There was a family who sat in front of us that had a little girl who looked to be about 4 years old with them. The movie was a little too much for a 4 year old. With all the fighting and killing and scary, scary mermaids. It was really sweet to watch her run and crawl in her daddy's lap and bury her face in his chest. It melted my heart a little, and I know it melted his!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow, I go to the doctor with my sister and find out if she is having a Lough or Loughette. She doesn't get to find out until later tomorrow night when our family and some friends gather at her house to eat pizza. I'm baking a cake, and coloring it PINK or BLUE to take over for her and Jake to cut into to find out the gender of their little peanut. I can't believe I'm going to hold that secret in that long, but she has told me she will never forgive me if I tell anyone before she finds out. Sheesh, pregnant women! Will post back Saturday to share the big news. I can't wait to start going through Amelia's old clothes to find stuff for that little Loughette. At least that's what I hope happens. If not, I'm sure it will be fun buying all new boy stuff! I've already got things pinned on Pinterest that Amelia has outgrown that I want for baby Lough. Like these things:

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam may be going back to Griffin for 5 days for some last minute family stuff, which has left me feeling overwhelmed. That's a long time to be alone with Amelia. Nobody to help entertain her, feed her, bathe her, watch her while I pee, watch her while I shower, get her to sleep, load her up in the car. I guess I've been spoiled. I often find myself wishing Amelia was older and easier, and I hate that. I don't want to wish her littlest years away. These are the sweet years. The "first" years, snuggling years, "mama mama" years, chasing and tickling years, dancing to the Wiggles years. I'm going to try and stop myself and remember all this anytime I think "I wish she could do this herself." Because I don't really, I want her to want me and need me.


I have a hard time believing you people when you say "Ohh, she looks like you!", because what do you mean? She has blonde hair like me???? That's it.

xoxo,
Cadence

p.s. - I know I have at least 5 readers, because I've had 5 whole comments on my blog. But maybe I have more than 5 readers?? Leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by!! Thanks. :)

9 comments:

  1. I stopped by! :) I always enjoy reading your and Michel's blogs (whenever she decides to do so!) Can't wait to find out what Little Lough is going to be. And I could literally eat Amelia up with a spoon. Cutest thing in FWB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a loyal reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read EVERY blog, every post and love every picture that you post and I certainly think that Amelia looks more like you than blonde hair! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture of Adam and AG! Sorry honey, but that baby looks 100% like Adam's baby pictures! lol When are you two having another one?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blogs all the time!! Love, love your blogs!! Love you and your sweet family! Praying!
    Lynn, prayer partner and fan!

    ReplyDelete