17 August 2011

longing

I'm longing for a few things right now...

.-. vacation
.-. my best friends
.-. a job
.-. another baby - making #3 #6 & #7 of this list pretty much completely impossible.
.-. Christmas
.-. new clothes
.-. size 8 jeans
.-. a money tree in my back yard
.-. Amelia's teeth to no longer hurt her
.-. two cars for the Peeples family
.-. fall weather
.-. my birthday, the coolest day of this year (seriously, 11-11-11)
.-. essie's cotton candy nail polish

Ok, so more than a few things. I could go on. Tonight is just one of those "longing" kind of nights. Let me tell ya, the internet makes it worse. With all of these "great deals" websites, that sort of make you think you can afford things when you can not afford that $2000 vacation no matter what it's breath-taking package includes. And Pinterest? Lawd, help me. It makes me want everything. I then sternly remind myself how I need to be content with what I have, because I do have it pretty dang good. So I dipped a few animal crackers in icing to take the sting off. After realizing what a fat girl moment I was having, I immediately ran water in the icing and threw it away. Ugh! I'm not doing this walking with Leslie Sansone every day to give in to mounds of sugar on nights like these. If I were doing laundry and cleaning the house like I am supposed to be, my mind probably would not have wandered to all of those places. Guess I better go get to it. We've got company/family coming in tomorrow. They probably won't appreciate the piles of baby clothes on the kitchen table, or the shreds of toilet paper around the living room, or the yogurt melts stuck to the remote control, or the spilled milk that is souring into the living room rug as we speak.

One last thing,

.-. maid . 

xoxo,
Cadence


2 comments:

  1. Maid is at the top of my list...my very long list....-Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you- this one is one of my favorites! Very well written.

    ReplyDelete