22 August 2011

back to school

Today, I started back school! Ok, well just classes. Photography classes are not quite school, but it's getting me back in the swing of things for when I do actually start back. I even did some math in my photography class tonight; dusting off all my skills! It lasted 3 hours and it took all I had to keep my mind focused! I really enjoyed it though, and I've already learned so much with 3 more weeks to go. Look out beach wedding photographers, I know now what resolution, aspect ratios and final formats are ALL about. Bam!

Amelia is starting "school" tomorrow! She is going to First Methodist in Mary Esther. I would really like for her to be in Firsty Methodist in Fort Walton, because my sister has a sweet friend that works there and I would feel better knowing someone that will be at the school with her. The only problem with Fort Walton is that Amelia is #5 on the waiting list, and they had a free spot for her in Mary Esther. I will consider switching her over if they call and say they have gotten to her on the waiting list. Either place seemed really great, and I know it is going to be really good for Amelia. It will be really sad for me to leave her there tomorrow. My sister went with me to tour the school today, and she said it best when she said "They don't know her, what she likes to do, and what she is trying to say when she says something that sounds like 'weditgo' {where did it go?}". It's true, she is our world, and to them just another rugrat to chase around a playground. It's only 6 hours a week, so she will get plenty of attention directed towards JUST her. She won't go without getting that attention, believe me. It's strange though to be getting her ready to go tomorrow. Writing her name on her extra clothes, sippy cups and packing diapers and wipes to leave up there for her. It's also really neat that she will be making friends. I met a bunch of my great friends when I attended First Methodist in Griffin! One of the friends I met, Callie, I still talk to almost daily. How sweet for Amelia that she may be meeting one of her best friends forever tomorrow. Not any better than me, of course!

It's so past my bedtime, just wanted to drop by and let you guys know about all the edu-ma-cation going on in the Peeples house now-a-days. Oh, and I got my LoughTide's camera in the mail today. I've not had the chance to upload any of the 70 pictures I've already taken. Maybe tomorrow while Amelia is at SCHOOL?? I will not cry. I will not cry.

xoxo,
Cadence

1 comment:

  1. Amelia will meet her some bffs at school, don't you worry. They'll be hens just like us one day :) Send me a picture of her with her book bag on!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete