11 September 2011

Justin Peeples

I took an unexpected break from blogging this past week. We traveled to Georgia two Fridays ago to spend the Labor Day weekend with family at Jackson Lake. We were headed home first thing Monday morning, until we got a phone call in the middle of the night Sunday night/Monday morning telling us of tragic news. Adam's little brother, Justin, was killed in a car accident early Monday morning. When we first got the call it seemed unreal, like a bad dream. Unfortunately, it was real and nothing could be done to change it. It's scary that you can go to sleep one night, and your whole world can change while you're sleeping. I only had the privilege of knowing Justin for two years, but enjoyed all the time we spent with him. He was a sweet, sweet kid. As tough as it was losing a family member/Adam's sibling, it hit me even harder as a mom. My heart was so broken for the whole family, but even more so for his mom, Brent. I cannot imagine the heartache of having to bury your child, and I wish nobody had to go through that pain. My heart is still breaking, and it has been heavy on my mind and heart every day since the accident. He was a very proud uncle to Amelia, and we will miss seeing and talking to him when we visit Adam's family in Griffin.

We are just settling back home in Florida from our time in Georgia, so I should be back to regularly posting on Blogger tomorrow!

xoxo,
Cadence

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I ever read this... Thanks Cadence!!

    ReplyDelete