13 July 2011

team craigslist

Today we picked up my favorite Craigslist item to date. A SECTIONAL!!!! We found this sucker for $175. It's huge! So huge. And...of course we find it after we have lots of company down last week. It will serve its purpose for supporting lots of bums in a few weeks when MC & bf, Alison and Robbie come to visit. For now it will be the perfect playground for a one year old, and a place to be lazy for Adam and I.
So here she is...





Yes, I probably should have cleaned up before posting pictures for the internet world to see. Sorry, it's getting late. I've already parked myself on the couch for the night, and as you can see from the beverage pile up, Adam too has parked it for the night. He was being camera shy though, and jumped up when I got the camera out. It was really all I could do to get up and snap 3 pictures, thanks to my week of workouts. My body seems to be in shock..and I promised my mom I would get up and do it again tomorrow & the next day. I'm achy just thinking about it.


Yesterday, Amelia called for me over the monitor and it melted my heart. Not just her normal babbling "mamamamaama" either. It was "mama?" (pause) "mama?" (pause) "mama?". I got in there as soon as I could and couldn't help but pick her up (even though she had not yet napped.) She rewarded me with a big wet kiss for rescuing her from that crib. The kinda kiss you dread from a boy, but can't get enough of from a sweet one year old! Totally worth the 10 extra minutes it took to get her to lay back down and take a nap. Thinking about times likes these makes me angry with parents who don't love their kiddos like they should. I'm so thankful to have grown up in such a great family with great family friends who have taught me how to love my child(ren) {<--one day}. Not a day goes by without me telling Amelia I love her at least 100 times. I know one day I'll have to cut back with all the smothering and hugs and kisses, but I'll always feel it! I can't wait for Michel to know the love you have for your baby. It's unlike anything else!!

Come visit me people, and sit on my big comfy couch!
xoxo,
Cadence

No comments:

Post a Comment