01 January 2012

promises vs. resolutions

Happy New Year to all of my loved ones! I'm pretty glad to see 2011 go, and excited about the fun we will have in 2012. I'll have a baby niece here in just a few weeks to start off this exciting new year, and I can't wait to hold her!! I'm not going to make a New Year's resolution this year, because all of the things I thought of should be an everyday resolution that wont lose it's importance a few weeks after the new year. Let's be honest, how often do New Year's resolutions really work out for people? I'm much better with keeping promises so I will stick with those.

I promise to be the best mom I know how to be to Amelia, and hopefully another little one before this year is over. 
I promise to be the best wife I know how to be, and the best friend I know how to be.
I promise to not take for granted the wonderful things/people that have been put in my life.
I promise to do my best in letting go of fears, insecurities and anything that may be holding me back from living life the way I should be.

I can't wait to watch Amelia grow over the next year. As much as it breaks my heart for her to become a big girl, I love watching her do new things and say new words. I can't imagine the changes we will see in her over the next 12 months. I hope one of those changes isn't her little hands. I'm not ready to let go of those yet.






The family is coming to our house tonight for the traditional New Year's dinner. I am so glad to spend all of my holidays with my family. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else unless they were coming with me! Family is everything.


Happy New Year!

xoxo,
Cadence

No comments:

Post a Comment