09 January 2012

Letters to Amelia

Dear Amelia,

Last night you snuggled with me on the couch right before bed, and I reminded myself to never take those nights for granted. One day too soon they will be gone. You were laying on me drinking chocolate milk and letting it leak out of your mouth, and when I felt it hit my skin the first time I shrieked. You thought it was hilarious, so we kept on with our little game. We wasted chocolate milk and stained up my white shirt, but I can't make you stop doing things that make you smile that way. I love your gap in your teeth! It makes your smile 1000x cuter.

You got up pretty early this morning, but when I brought you to my bed you went back to sleep for about an hour. Thank you for holding my hand while you slept in my bed. I didn't get to fall back asleep, but holding your little hand was worth it. You may not be the best sleeper, but I wouldn't trade you for one that is.

You went kayaking for the first time with your dad this weekend. In JANUARY! I hope you love growing up as a beach baby. You are going to have so much fun this Spring & Summer riding on the boat, learning to swim and playing on the beach. You're such a smarty, you'll be swimming circles around us in no time. Not only do you get to be a beach bum, but your Honey has a lake house in Georgia you'll get to enjoy as well. Lucky kiddo.




A few things I'm loving about you right now:

- the way your face lights up and you giddily giggle when you see candy
- the way you call for your dad if he isn't in the bed when I bring you to our bed in the morning
- the way you have to hold your lunch box walking into school
- the way you wave and say hey to anyone who will pay attention to you
- your perfectly gapped teeth
- the way you say {scream} Poottttssss {Pops}
- & the list goes on {and on...}

You get your first haircut tomorrow at 20 months!!! I am so nervous since the sight of a hair dryer sends you running..I think the Tootsie Pops I have for you will help.

Love you today even more than yesterday!!

Love,
Your Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment