18 October 2011

Letters to Amelia


Amelia,

I don't know if you know, but you are my best friend. I tell you pretty much everyday, so you should know. You are a hilarious little being, and I love the time we spend together. Getting to know your fun personality is an everyday thing, because each day you change so much. You've almost been with us for a year and a half, but I feel like you've been with us for forever! Yesterday I took you for a walk, and you said "heyyy" to every kid we saw on our walk. It made me want to yell it louder for you, because they couldn't hear your sweet,{sometimes}quiet voice. This confirmed that I really can't wait to have another little one to sit in the stroller beside you, and say "heyyy" right back. I dropped you off at school today, and you held onto my legs when I tried to leave. Don't do that, please? I will not be able to leave you there, and I know you really do love it. When I picked you up you were dancing with your school pals, and when you saw me you stuck that hip out even further and swayed from side to side even harder {that you can keep doing, please.} I was not excited about running to the car in the rain, until you acted like it was the most fun you'd have all day. You make mine and your dad's days so much brighter! I love you!


Love,
Your Momma

{I'll be writing a letter to Amelia hopefully once a week so that I can have them printed off and make a book for her one day.}

1 comment:

  1. i think this is a super sweet idea,Cadence.

    ReplyDelete