01 March 2011

running on no sleep

Amelia's cough is absolutely pitiful! We took her to the doctor today, and he gave us an inhaler/face mask for bed time (yeh, thats gonna go over real well) and some saline spray for her nose. Thats it? Thats it. I can't possibly understand how this is going to make her get better, but I guess we are going to give it a shot. Her cough is really only bad when she's sleeping? I dont understand that either, but couldn't imagine a worse time for her coughing fits to take place. One cough triggers a 100, and between each cough is the saddest little cry. Any suggestions for me since they don't make infant cough medicine? :( I can't wait for her to get better, and for all of us to catch up on a little sleep!! All thoughts and prayers for my little are appreciated. I hope she gets better before I leave for the weekend, so it will make things a little easier on Adam. Speaking of the weekend, I get to fly to ATL to spend some time with my Hens for some of our Hennies birthdays! :-D
Happy Birthday Callie, Anna and Jill!

Today's the 1st of the month so we are off to the grocery store for our biggest purchase of the month. I love grocery store days, and putting my coupons to use!!!!

p.s.- Even though Amelia is sick, she's still the sweetest, funniest baby ever. She loves to drive her car around the neighborhood. She likes to whisper in baby talk as she rides drives around, and I can hardly stand the cuteness!!

3 comments:

  1. Alright, I talked to the almighty Dr.Dobbs...she said somethings that would help would get a cool humidifier, not warm. And push fluids on that piglet! Like lots of water and if that doesn't go over well, do half water and half her favorite juice..But that will help to push whatever is in the pig out. So FLUIDS and some sort of humidifier..but like a cool mystifier..is that makes sense? Give her a squeeze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds crazy, but ask any Grandma and they will tell you it works...rub some Vick's salve on her feet and put socks on for the night. It works for adults, too! Fluids and cool mist humidifier are always helpful like Dr. Dobbs said!
    Melanie Cook

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's the sweetest picture ever! I miss her! I hope she feels better. I say a prayer for that little lady!

    ReplyDelete