13 March 2011

birthday pie

Happy Birthday to my sweet hubby! Although you chose to spend your birthday fishing (AGAIN) instead of hanging with me and Amelia, I chose to make you a cherry pie on your special day anyways. I didn't even cheat and buy the pre-made pie filling like many people told me to do. I took some pictures along the way of my first pie making. It turned out delicious!! I meant to take one of those one-bite-in pictures to show the gooey yummy inside, but after just one bite my mind was elsewhere.

Oh, and a tip for anyone who doesn't know this...make sure you match up your size of the pie pan with the size of the crust you're using. Or you might lose some edges in the oven..and have a very smoky house.

 -----------
-----------
 -----------
 ---------
 I'm not sure what "dotting with butter" means, but I think this was a good attempt..
--------
 Perfect? NO!
 Ooops!
 MMMmmMMm

I've given myself a pat on the back for this one. It was really easy, but so easy I was worried something would go wrong.  I may have started something though. There may be a higher demand for cherry pies around here now. I used splenda instead of sugar, so I would rather him eat mine than McDonald's!

I enjoy cooking when the food turns out right.







2 comments:

  1. You are such a good wife making this all from scratch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-Maz-Ing!!!! Post your recipe! I would love to make one of these bad boys! That looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete