27 March 2011

one year is approaching!

Amelia will be 1 so soon!!!! It's crazy to watch her grow. Everyday she does things that surprise me, and make me so sad/happy that she's getting big. She's going through quite the stage right now. She knows what she wants and when she wants it! The girl is constantly on the move. She's been cutting two more teeth and has been quite difficult the past two weeks. She sat on the couch with me and Adam today, and watched TV and ate my frozen yogurt. A few minutes after, the cat got on the couch, and she had the closest thing to a conversation she's ever had with the cat. Not me, but the cat. Those 5 minutes were the cutest/big girl things she's done yet. I've complained maybe a little too much about how tiring and whiny she has been lately. Unfortunately, it just seems that complaining comes more naturally. My mom said I make her sound like an ogre! So that's been her nickname that her Auntie M and I have given her all week. She has been quite the little ogre lately, but I love her all the same! I love the way she laughs, plays with my hair while she drinks her bottle, gets so excited to see her owls in her room right when she wakes up, the way she whispers to the cat and her toy car, her puffy eyes after napping, her little fingers and hands, the way she loves her dad, the way she wanted the Japanese waitress to hold her at the restaurant today and the way she knows and loves her family. I'm so glad she gets to grow up near my family! It makes me sad that I didn't get the chance to grow up in the same town as my cousins, aunts/uncles and cousins. I do wish Adam's family was closer to us too, so she would have all of her family around. We try to visit as often as we can, but it's not the same!

Here are some pictures from her 11 month photo shoot with OneSix Photography! Great photos and fast timing, so I didn't have to wait long to see the pictures! I love them. 






http://www.onesixphotography.com/

Sorry to my facebook friends who have already seen these! My mom has the whole disc so these are the only ones I have at my fingertips. I'm working on her birthday party this week, and I can't wait to be able to share those photos with everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love her pictures!! They are beyond BEAUTIFUL!! It's so sad to think she's almost one...it seems like just yesterday we were stuffing our faces with pineapple and walking 10 miles a day just trying to get them out...

    ReplyDelete