03 March 2011

bargain

Well, another good yard sale weekend wasted. Ok, not wasted..I'm going to be happy where I'll be, but so sad I won't be out sifting through other people's junk stuff. Speaking of sifters, if you see one this weekend momma will you scoop it up for me? And a rolling pin? Since I won't be attending any yard sales this weekend, I went by the goodwill and a flea market in FWB today to get my fix. Got some great deals!!! Big thanks to my mom for teaching me how to bargain with people. It can be a little embarrassing, but worth it. And I would say I would never see those people again, but I will. There were 2 big Target lamp shades one marked 3.99 and one marked 8.99. I took both to the front and asked why they were marked differently, but the same shade. The girl told me because one had a tag on it and one didn't. So I asked if she would ask her manager if she could give me both shades at the lower price (that's where it got embarrassing..holding up the line, and stepping on the cashier's toes and what not..), but it paid off!

 and these guys came home with me!!
and some .99 pjs for Amelia
gonna hang these above mine and Adam's night stands
my .99 Jonathan Adler tray
 new jewelry box! I want to paint him..
 just a funny picture of Oscar hanging in Adam's underwear drawer...weirdo.
 this Mickey movie is on Amazon used for 11.00 and I got it for 2.00! Woohooo! And I hope this Elmo video teaches Amelia that her momma makes her happy. Not always her dada....
 a ton of magnets for Amelia's (and apparently Oscar's) entertainment.


I feel a little better now about missing out on the multi-family yard sale in Bluewater Bay this weekend. Sort of...
Have a nice weekend!! I can't wait to spend mine with the Hens! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cadence, you did really good!! Yep, it helps to have some training in yard saling! Glad you got some deals!! Keep writing, I am a big fan! : ))

    Lynn C.

    ReplyDelete