27 January 2011

trapped

i am a 55 year old woman trapped in a 22 year old body. i came to this conclusion last night at the dbt's show. how did i come to this conclusion? let me count the ways.

- when i found out the show didnt start until 9 (which meant the truckers wouldnt start until 11) i was already thinking about how i would rather be in bed at 11.
- when we got in the sold out, teeny tiny venue, i immediately began looking for a place to sit
- when i saw there was no place to sit, i winced.
- i put TP down on the toilet seat to use the bathroom and flushed the toilet with my foot
- i had 3 adult beverages and felt like i needed to go to bed. right then.
- i people watched and wondered what moms let some of these girls leave their house dressed like they were??!?
- i yawned 20+times in 10 minutes
- i was very irritated by the over-served boy standing beside me that turned around every minute to wave to his friends and do a fist pump. (i think this was the shari in me more than the 55 year old woman in me) i almost asked him not so nicely to just go stand with his friends, but he left for probably another beverage and never found his way back! phew!
- while the crew members were setting up for the dbts i thought about amelia, hand embroidering my mermaids, blogging, sleeping, pinning, sleeping, how my house was such a mess, sleeping...
- while bouncing around and bobbing my head to the good tunes, i wondered how many calories i was burning during the 3 hour music session.
- i checked the time 500 times


im so old. thanks, amelia! or should i thank my mom, shari? shes not a boring person at all, but after about 9 pm shes no longer the life of the party. oh well! i like to think of my old woman self being like this awesome older woman! <3


i truly did have a good time last night! the music was really good and it was fun time with adam. i just really dont understand why these shenanigans couldnt have started at a more reasonable hour? like 7 pm, so that i couldve put my little head down on my pillow before the new day started.

also, a very random thought i had last night...wouldnt it be interesting to be a congressman for a week, and get all those letters you always hear people talking about writing? this is where my mind takes me at 2 am.

3 comments:

  1. haha...did you also think, before it started, that you would prefer just going and having chips & salsa & margaritas?

    i understand all these feelings, and usually feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not this 55 year old person until 35 with kid 3. What the what? Don't worry. You'll get your groove back. As for me? I'm down with never groovin' again after 9pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am just like that. Like it's Friday night and one of my last nights in Atlanta...and I am laying in bed with my dogs eating Pringles and watching Law & Order SVU. Oh hey, I'm 21?

    ReplyDelete