28 February 2012

Letters to Amelia

Amelia, 

Last night when we put you down for bed you sang your version of "Pat-a cake" for about an hour. Your version goes like this..

"Pat a cake pat a cake bakers man ROLL it, put it in the pan!" Short and sweet. :)

I sat there and watched you sing for at least 5 minutes and when I called your daddy in you really hammed up for him. Giggling between every word. Your facial expressions when you got to the "roll it" part was my favorite.

We went to Free Pancake Day at IHOP this morning before school, and for the first time in a long time you behaved and sat in your seat {for the most part}!! Woohoo!! Maybe Daddy will start taking us out to eat again.

Things I love about you right now:

The way you said "hey friends" to some kids in Target.
The way you say "mommy" 500 times a day.
You said "bye Michel" to your Auntie when leaving Gi's house!
The way you trust me to not let go of your hands when you grab mine and lean backwards off the couch.
The look on your face when we took you in the pet store before getting frozen yogurt yesterday. 
When I catch you with your baby dolls up on your shoulder while you bounce up and down saying "shh shh shh".

iPhone pictures collage

I REALLY love that in 20 days I will get to experience the most magical place on Earth with you! Look out Disney, Hurricane Amelia coming through.

Love,
Your Momma


* For anyone who missed my first Letter to Amelia, this is my way of documenting her growing up. I failed at the baby book, and will someday have these letters made into a book for her. If you want to read more Letters at the bottom of these posts they are labeled Letters to Amelia - you can click there to pull up all the letters I've written to her.

1 comment: