29 February 2012

leap year 2012

I wish I was having a baby today.
I wish that I could have a leap year baby! Today was my last chance. If I haven't had a 2nd child in 4 more years, I'll be over having a 2nd child period. It would just be such a cool birthday! Something to really celebrate when it came around! 4 years is a long time to wait for a birthday party. I kid.. I wouldn't make my baby wait every 4 years for a party. I like cake & ice cream too much for that.

I have no idea what I was doing on the other 7 leap years I've been around for. In fact, I've never really thought anything different about February 29th, except that it is Mrs. Mostiller's {elementary music teacher} birthday. Happy 16th{?} Birthday, Mrs. Mostiller. Today is a pretty good Leap Year day. Going to dinner tonight with a new friend {and Michel} to celebrate this extra day in February with sangria and chips & dip.

For anyone stuck at home tonight you can celebrate too:



Leap Year Cocktail
- 1 oz gin
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier
- 1/2 oz sweet vermouth
- squeeze of lemon
- Shake over crushed ice, pour into chilled cocktail glass, and garnish with a slice of lemon or orange.


Happy February 29th!

xoxo,
Cadence


1 comment:

  1. I ALWAYS think of her sweet little pear shaped self on leap year! Although, sometimes I remember her being not-so sweet!

    ReplyDelete