22 February 2012

finding your happy place

I learned sad news this weekend about four brave airmen who lost their lives in Africa. I know it happens all the time, but it was more real to me this time after meeting one of their wives in my Junior League Provisional class. My heart broke for her. With me being the overly emotional person that I am, I can't handle news like this very well. So I tried very hard to surround myself with happy things, and then I feel guilty for enjoying happy things while the families of the soldiers are hurting so badly. It's a vicious cycle in my heart. The worst part to me is that soon I will forget to think about them and their families every day, and the recovery for the families is so much harder. So much longer. Military wives deserve the utmost respect.

My happy places I go to in times like these are blogs, magazines, Everybody Loves Raymond {seriously increases my mood by 99%} and spending time with Amelia & Adam. I wonder what other people do to distract their minds from worry, fears, anxiety?

My favorite happy place:







I made these chocolate chip cookie-oreo-brownies yesterday. You know, since it was Fat Tuesday. No, I'm not giving up chocolate, cookies, sugar, sweets, etc. for Lent. I would just be setting myself up for failure. I'm actually going to be giving up any kind of automatic settings on my camera. Straight manual shooting. No Av, no Tv. Forcing myself to learn all that I can about my camera. I can do this{?}.


Happy Wednesday!

xoxo,
Cadence


1 comment:

  1. I look at pictures of your sweet kiddo when and read your blog when I get stressed out! Those things always make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete