02 November 2011

Letters to Amelia

Amelia,

Today I let you do something I would never allow anyone else to do - pop my gum bubbles with your dirty little fingers. It made you so happy when I accidently let you do it the first time that I couldn't say no after that. After 20 minutes I tried to pretend like the gum was gone, and you started to dig around in my mouth to find it. GROSS! It's funny what makes you happy. On a better, cleaner note, while we were playing that game you got really good at counting to 3. You make me so proud with all the words you say, songs you sing and dances you do. I turned a CD on in your room today, and walked out for a minute and came back to find you doing the motions along with the song "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes". You amaze me! School has made you a smarty! And those two days a week away from home has helped you make friends. At your Community Worker Parade on Monday, you walked out of the building holding one of your friend's hands and I got all teary-eyed and emotional. My heart couldn't take the sweetness! I hope I teach you to be a good friend. That is one of the most important things I will teach you. I've been looking at Christmas presents for you online this week, and I wish we were in the financial place to buy you all the things I've found. I would give you the world if I could, so I'll just do my best in giving you what I can. You are my world. I love you!!



xoxo,
Cadence

No comments:

Post a Comment