13 November 2011

Slacker

I haven't been blogging as much as I should have been the past week or so. I've been somewhat frazzled... You all already know that baby #2 is on it's way?? Next summer, Amelia is going to be a big sister!! What you don't know is all of the stress I've been dealing with trying to figure out if this was really so! I spent $50+ on home pregnancy tests. I hate those things. If you really are pregnant then those tests should know - period. I finally gave up on tests and didn't want to spend any more money, so I waited until 2 days after my last negative test and went to the doctor to have a blood test. I was so excited to get the phone call about my "POSITIVE" results!! I wanted to surprise Adam with a fun way of telling him he was going to become "Dada" again, but that didn't happen. When I busted out in tears, because the mail man didn't bring me anything for my birthday, I felt the need to explain my raging hormones right then. He actually was surprised, and I'm sure really relieved that I had a good reason to be crying. :)

My sister and I went out and spent the day together on my birthday, and I had planned on waiting to tell her with the family later that night. I couldn't hold it in any longer and blurted it out at lunch! I really needed her help on helping me decide how to tell the family anyways! We looked for big sister shirts and had no luck, so I decided to buy Amelia a "big sister" book. We took it over to Gi and Pops' house for my birthday dinner, and I had her take the book to Gi to read to her. It was fun to surprise everybody!! Our intentions were to tell Adam's parents in person, and then tell the world {Facebook} a few days after! Adam & I couldn't stand to not tell people, so we ended up calling his parents and our grandparents and blurting it out on Facebook all in the same night. It's all very different to me this time, as I really didn't even find out I was pregnant until I was in my second trimester with Amelia. People say you should wait until 12 weeks to tell people you're pregnant in case something were to happen to the baby, but I almost feel like after telling people, if something were to happen {God forbid}, I would have the greatest support group of family and friends. I had a bunch of ideas for announcing it to everyone with family photos and other things, but this is what we went with last minute..


When I was pregnant with Amelia I suppose I was in such denial I don't remember anything about the first few months of pregnancy and how unfun/scary it is. Every symptom you have you worry that it's not good for you or the baby or that it's not "normal". I am very thankful that we were able to get pregnant so quickly. I am not quite sure what I was thinking about being extremely pregnant next summer - agh!! I can't wait until Amelia meets her new brother or sister. I had an emotional moment the other night thinking about how it won't just be us and Amelia anymore, and how will I ever love another? But I know I will, and I am so glad to have the chance very {not so} soon.

xoxo,
Cadence

No comments:

Post a Comment