02 February 2011

employed

i said i would never wait tables again. and thats not at all because i think im above it. waiting tables is an awesome job for those uneducated like myself. and there is lots o' money to be made. especially in florida where the tourists like to EAT. i just didnt want to get into the whole drama aspect of it again. but..i found a place that is teeny and homey. its a cute little restaurant called hollys on main, and its only open for lunch in downtown fort walton. which reminds me of my favorite lunch spot from home, milltowne gourmet.
im really nervous about it for several reasons. a good bit of time away from amelia, and im afraid to miss all the "firsts". secondly, i will be working saturdays. my most exciting hobby takes place only on saturdays - YARD SALES! adam laughed at me last night, because this was my biggest concern after i got off the phone with the owner. **siggghh** i am also pretty nervous about it being such a small family owned business. she told me im the first person shes hired that is not family/lifelong friend. talk about pressure to fit in and do things right! :)
a few things i am excited about are the extra cash, the time out of the house, the yummy food and the possibility of meeting new friends. also the guaranteed hours of  10-3, and always having sundays and mondays off. saturdays off would be nice too, but in this economy ya cant be too picky! im very thankful to have a job that allows me to be home at nights with adam and amelia.



ok, so i know im not winning the lottery like this lucky gal or anything...but it feels good to able to bring in a little bit of dough to help out paying for things. like new clothes for amelia, date nights, new clothes for me (you know when i lose all this "baby weight"), yard sale $ and maybe ill even buy adam some things with the money i make!! ;-) and no, im not going to let the workday completely ruin my saturday hobby. ill just wake up at 6:45 knowing its going to be a looong day and yard sale until its working time. overall, i cant wait to go in to work tuesday!

i hear amelia jibber jabbering from her pack-n-play so its time to go. have a lovely groundhog day.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cadence!! I love your blogs, I hope the new job and a family won't limit you there. You have such a gift, but if it does cause you any stress to think you, "got to write a blog", you will know!! But let me tell you, you have a fan, a BIG one!! Your the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the job! and 10-3 sounds really nice. i recently quit serving (i've been in the food industry since i was 16) and i am crossing my fingers that i never ever ever have to go back. but this little business sounds really nice and sweet. good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete