08 December 2011

FWB Christmas Parade

Michel and I took Amelia to the FWB Parade on Monday night. It was one of the most fun nights I've experienced in motherhood. Amelia loved it, and it seemed somewhat magical compared to the parade that comes out of Griffin, GA. There were 90+ floats that rode by, and it was night time and everything was decked out with Christmas lights. We noticed when we got there that people (ok, highschool kids) had Publix bags for all of the candy they planned on collecting. That was a good sign, except that we didn't have a Publix bag. We shamefully cleared out pockets in my camera bag, and filled them to the rim with candy. We didn't steal the candy from the smaller kids. We only took what landed at our feet...and what fell between the kids and us, BUT only after giving them a 30 second head start. At the end of the 2 hour parade, Amelia was decked out in free gear. I think she ended up with 50ish bead necklaces, 2 bracelets, a balloon and a baseball hat. And her mom and Auntie? We made out with too much candy. I poured out the candy on my counter when I got home, and quickly decided I could not keep in my house. I made Michel a ziploc bag full and the rest??? Anyone receiving Christmas presents from me should expect to find candy somewhere in your gift. :)

 {Loud Firetrucks}


 {Candy drunk}
 {Guilty}





I can't wait until Poppy is here to do these things with us! Soon!

xoxo,
Cadence


No comments:

Post a Comment