13 December 2011

Christmas Spirit

I've found that I am more in the Christmas spirit than ever this year! I am sure that is stemming from my excitement of Amelia understanding Christmas a little bit better this year. Last year we sat her up in front of the Christmas tree, and made funny faces behind a camera to capture the smile we were looking for. This year I don't think that will be my favorite photo. The pictures of her loving on her family members, playing with her new toys and singing along to Christmas songs will be my favorite part this year. Her face on Christmas mornings will stick with me forever, and I can't wait for this to be the start of many more to come. I know it's not all about the presents and Santa Claus. I know that in years to come, I will get to teach her the real meaning of Christmas, but right now her little brain can't exactly wrap around celebrating Jesus' birthday. As she grows up, I hope she learns to love all aspects of Christmas equally. For now, I'll let her enjoy her gifts, her cookies and milk with Santa at school, her magic elf, Elfis and I'll be the one celebrating Jesus' birthday. Celebrating that because of his being born so long ago, she is with me now and she is healthy, smart, funny and she is the perfect kiddo for me.

{Christmas 2010}

In fact, with all this excitement of what I get to give her, it's been more about the giving instead of the "gimme, gimme". Not to falsely lead you into believing that I'm not counting down the days until I too get to tear open that wrapping paper, dig into my stocking and eat too much food in good ol' Enterprise, AL. 12 days.

Adam and I are only doing stockings this year {good stockings - the ones with hopefully gift cards, perfume, a massage and/or pedicure certificate, etc}, and we made little wishlists on Amazon. We didn't think about the packages coming in the mail and having to look inside without ruining presents. We have had two fails and one success so far in the guessing game. Next year we should probably order from separate accounts if we decide to order from Amazon *free shipping*! How do people do big Christmas shopping without acquiring some major debt?

Gotta run and help shoot a wedding for LoughTide Beach Weddings. Tis' not the season for weddings, I know. I wish I could tell these people that they are cutting themselves short on the Anniversary gifts with Christmas right around the corner. I know this from experience. I'll be married 2 years next Monday!


xoxo,
Cadence

No comments:

Post a Comment