12 November 2014

Happy Birthday, Stella Mae!

The days before my girls birthdays have always brought on so many emotions.

Happiness - "Another year older! Are they freaking driving yet?"

Sadness - "Where did my baby go?"

Apprehensive - "What am I up against this next year?"

Anger - "I've yelled too much, cuddled too little."

Cheerful - "I love this new stage we are headed towards."

As each year passes I suppose it gets easier (my mom just asked me on the phone today how old I turned on my birthday yesterday). Maybe you let go a little more, because you are well seasoned in this thing we call motherhood. Maybe you get old and your memory fails you (kidding, momma). I don't know. All I know is tonight I laid with Stella before bed, and sang her every little lullaby I know. I said all of the silly things that I knew would make her laugh. I cherished my last night as a mom of a one year old.

She will wake up tomorrow, and we will make a huge deal out of something she still doesn't understand. We will make waffles, and she will eat on our red "You Are Special Today" plate. We will sing happy birthday, and she will blow out candles. I will kiss her approximately 730 times, one for each day she's been alive. She will rule the roost tomorrow. Oh wait, that's everyday. I can't wait to celebrate her precious, little life tomorrow and throughout the weekend!






Wishing you the happiest birthday, Stella Mae!

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment