18 August 2014

Letters to Amelia & Stella

Amelia,

Today you started Pre-K!!  You've gone to "preschool" for a few years now, so the idea of the first day of school was not new to you. You were excited, and ready to meet new friends. You are our social butterfly. You live for school time and playdates. When we go to the grocery store, you shout to the first person you see, "WHAT'S YOUR NAME??". I tell you that you don't have to ask every person you see what their name is, and you ask me things like how else do you make friends? And if we don't ask their name then they wont ask ours. You call out to strangers in the produce section to tell them, "Hey, you look beautiful today!" I have no worries about you making friends in school. I don't think you even turned to look back at us when your teacher opened up the door. I really love school for much needed ME time, but also because I know how much you love going.

I can't wait to see how much you grow this year! You're smart, kind, hilarious and beautiful. Basically just a 3 ft tall version of your momma. You make me crazy most of the time, but also so happy and proud. I love you to the moon and back!

* I took you to Target to pick out your first day of school outfit. I knew it would be a dress. IT HAS TO BE A DRESS. You found this "pink, beautiful" dress, and begged we go to the "try-on" room before we bought it. You keep me laughing.

Love,
Your Momma


Stella,

Today was your first day at Mother's Day Out. You did so wonderful on your first day! Which is so very surprising since you can't be more than 5 feet away from me at all times. You were unsure of  "school" as Amelia and I tried to pump you up for it. We told you about going to play with friends, and you knew that meant one thing: Mom is leaving. Daddy went with us to drop you and Amelia off, and thankfully the drop off went smoothly. I had big plans for my first morning alone, but after an hour and a half, I just wanted to drive back to the school and watch you through the door to your room. It's funny because no matter how much I feel I need a break from motherhood, it is still like taking your heart out of your chest and dropping it off with new people who may or may not care for it like I do. But I pushed through, because TJMaxx was calling. And you can't ignore TJMaxx when it calls you. {You'll understand this in 20 years.} A few hours later I picked you and Amelia up, and  you ran towards me like you hadn't seen me in days. You turned back to your teacher and classroom and said, "BYE FRIENDS!" You had a happy report from your teachers. I think it is safe to say we both enjoyed our morning apart at least a little bit. I'm already looking forward to next Monday, so hopefully you are too. I love you a bushel and a peck.




Love,
Your Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment