14 May 2014

four

Amelia,

1,460 days ago you came into our lives. We were scared, we were excited, we were happier than I could ever put into words. It is so amazing how much you've grown in 4 years. You're smart as a whip - you can say the Pledge of Allegiance for crying out loud!! WHO KNEW! You're also funny and sweet. You're inquisitive and fun, and I love seeing the world through your eyes.


I told you a few days ago while we were driving that I was so sad you were growing up, and you said "Why? Soon I will be able to sit up there with you!"  I cannot wait. We are already buddies. I hope you always want to ride around in the car and hang out with me, but for now I am enjoying hearing you sing Frozen songs in the back seat and watching you reach over to comfort your sister in the car seat next to you. Sometimes I can't wait for you to grow up, and other times I wish you could be little forever.

At age 4 you are: really into Scooby-Doo, loving gymnastics, giggling over potty talk {I could live without this..}, obsessed with candy,  sneaking in and sleeping on the floor beside me at night, all about your family, enjoying being helpful with things around the house, begging for a trip to Disney World {I got you covered}, getting ready for Pre-K, testing your limits {I could live without this too..} and being a good, big sister.

I wouldn't trade being your mom for anything. I am so happy I get to be the one to celebrate these birthdays and milestones with you. Love you to the moon and back, stinker!

Love,
Your Momma


I'm the worst about keeping up a blog. I wish I felt like I had the time or that it was important enough to make the time for, but right now it falls pretty low on my list of things to do when I have a few moments to myself. I'm not going to promise when I will be back on here again, because who knows!! It could be 6 more months for Stella's birthday post. I'll see ya when I see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment