23 March 2013

Letters to Amelia...and Stella

Amelia,

You're three years old in less than two months. For 30 months I  so looked forward to seeing your sweet face first thing in the morning. The past 4 months I have so looked forward to seeing your and your sister's sweet face first thing in the morning. I didn't realize how quickly time was sneaking past me until Stella showed up, and you seemed to have grown 4 years older and 5 inches taller. Your sweet chubby hands are now slim big kid hands that help me bake cookies and follow along words as you "read" me stories. You no longer smell like Johnson & Johnson nighttime bath soap. When you don't smell like a kid that's been playing outside all day you smell like that too-grown-up big kid shampoo. I do enjoy the inquisitive little girl you've become, but I miss little baby Amelia a lot lately. I find myself searching for old pictures of teeny, chubby you. I secretly don't want to rush potty training and ditching the pacifier, because that means you're too big. Stop growing so fast, OK?

Right now you love:
*dinosaur eggs oatmeal
*Rugrats {thanks a lot Netflix}
*asking lots of questions
*chocolate milk
*reading me stories
*loving on your babies
*changing out pajamas 50 times a day

In fact, right this second you are in your second pair of PJ'S, watching RUGRATS, drinking CHOCOLATE MILK, ASKING for DINO EGGS because you and your BABIES are hungry. All we are missing right this second is story time. It's coming though. I give it 10 minutes.


Stella,

 I've been waiting a long time to add another name to these letters, and I'm so glad its you. You are the perfect addition to our family. You've reminded me that I want to spend as much time as possible with you and Amelia while you two are little little. I have talked about going back to work to get out of the house to have some adult conversation {my social skills are seriously slacking}, but lately I've had a change of heart. A lot of moms would bend over backwards to be able to spend this time with their babies. I have the rest of my life to work, but time to love on my babies is slipping through my fingers. I guess it's because we have decided that you will be our last baby that I find myself soaking you in a little more than I ever thought I would. I smother you in hugs and kisses from sun up to sun down. Sorry about that.

Our routines {sleeping, eating, pushing for milestones} with you have been a lot more relaxed than they were with Amelia. You're welcome. I love the way you love watching Amelia play. And you get so excited when you see your daddy walk past you. I love getting you out of your bed in the mornings, because your whole face lights up when you see me. You are a smiley little baby, and I love to make you laugh. I know the saying is there is nothing like a daddy and his little girl and that's fine, but you've also joined me in Amelia in what I think is a pretty great bond. My two little best friends. My two favorite reasons to get out of bed and start my day.




Love,
Your Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment