10 January 2013

new year. new school. new issues.

We had been waiting waiting waiting for a spot at the First Methodist Church Preschool close to our house for months {close to a year}. We were driving 20-30 minutes {depending on traffic} each way for drop off and pick up 3 days a week at her old school. We finally got a call early December saying they had a spot available for us at the start of the new year. I did my happy dance and I just knew Amelia would be just fine making the switch, because she loves school. But...no. She has been 3 days so far at her new school, and it takes me about 20 minutes to sneak out of that room. It's really hard and sad to leave your two year old who is crying saying how much she is going to miss you. She will hide behind me holding on to my shirt, and as soon as I get the one hand peeled off of me she starts grabbing with the other. I bend down to calm her and tell her I will be back shortly and she holds onto the collar of my shirt like her life depends on it. Exposing my chest to all the little kids and two teachers watching me work out my escape plan... so. much. fun.

I guess it's the new faces and unfamiliar places thing that is causing such a hard transition. She was all for going back to school before she realized it was not her old school. Monday morning while I got her ready for school, she pitched a huge fit about going to school and changing out of her pjs. She finally calmed down and asked me to let her play in her room by herself for a little bit. I came back 5 minutes later to put her in the car, and she had stripped off all of her school clothes. I should have known better. Sucker.

This was her first day of new school picture. If only school mornings were still this joyous...



Hoping this transition gets easier very soon! I'm looking for any advice to leaving your screaming two year old behind.


xoxo,
Cadence

No comments:

Post a Comment