23 August 2012

Letters to Amelia

Dear Amelia,

Since I last wrote you you turned two. Becoming 2x the kid, 2x the trouble, 2x the laughs and 2x the genius. You are two going on twenty one. Your new vocabulary amazes me, and worries me at the same time. I'm not quite sure what you're gonna say when I'm not around. Your imagination is hilarious. A few Amelia quotes that make me laugh (which I realize are probably not funny to those not raising a toddler) right now are:

"Just 5 more minutes."
"I promise, promise."
"Hey, I have an idea!"
"I'm so excited! I'm so excited!"
"I got to tell you somethin'."

You've started school this week, and this year you go three days a week. As much as I love the free time for a few hours three days a week, I miss you a lot. I'm so glad we didn't go with the five days a week plan.

It's getting closer to Stella Mae's arrival, and I'm afraid you are not quite ready. It's ok..me either. We will learn and adjust together! I can't wait for you to meet her for the first time. As much as I wanted to have a boy and a girl, I'm excited for another girl. There is nothing like having a sister. Forced friends forever. You'll always have a friend no matter where you are in life. You'll see. 85 days until we are due to hold your baby sister! Can't wait to watch you grow as a big sister. Until then, I'm going to enjoy my last 85 days of spending time with just you.





Love,
Your Momma


2 comments:

  1. Anna always says "promise promise"! I love it. Don't forget about "YOKEYYY!!" I've missed these letters. Quit slackin, momma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your blog about your sweet Amelia, Cadence!! You have been blessed to see such sweetness in your life!! Can't wait to hear more about her and ya'll's adjustments to Stella being in your lives!! You and Adam are such great parents!! Loved the pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete