18 April 2012

Letters to Amelia

Amelia,

You will be 2 years old next month. You have made the last two years of life seem so much fuller and happier. I wouldn't trade any days of past for my new life with you. I've learned over these past two years that having kids is like having your heart living outside of you. Much more vulnerable. I wish I could shield you from everything that makes you cry. Really, you cry a lot. When are you going to be done with the whining thing? Your dad and I are close to pulling our hair out daily. Then you do something sweet and big girl like and we forget {for 5 minutes}. Today when you wanted more chicken at lunch you said "more please" and "thank you very much". It makes my heart swell 10x bigger when you are a sweet little thing. So let's keep that going and ditch the whiny baby phase.

Your dad is your favorite person right now, and I really don't know what we would do if something happened to him. When he goes to school you ask me one hundred times where daddy is. You only want daddy to get you out of your bed when you wake up. You want "daddy on the couch" with you all the time. Daddy this. Daddy that. I don't mind though. You do plenty of "mommy, mommy, mommy" as well. I think he's your favorite, because he catches lizards, insects and fish for you to play with. At the beach we fill up the cooler with ocean water so daddy can fill it up with fish from the net. My little tom-boy. I love every inch of your dirt covered self.
























Love,
Your Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment