21 August 2015

Letters to Amelia: Kindergarten

Amelia,

I just dropped you off for your last day of your first week of Kindergarten. And can I just be the first to say-- TGIF!!!!! Kindergarten has been a tough transition for us. I know we will adjust, but right now I hate seeing you miserably tired and uninterested in school. There are a few things I've learned this week:

I worry about you getting lost in the halls.
I worry about you dropping your lunch tray.
I worry about hard lessons that you will learn.
I worry about mean words that will probably be spoken to you.
I miss 9:00 am start time.
I miss talking to your teacher at drop off/pick up everyday.
I miss walking you to class, and seeing you with your friends.
I miss having coffee by myself before I wake you up for school.
I miss riding in my car (we are walkers this year, and I could write a whole separate post about that).
I miss you.

This year (and every year after) I pray for you to follow your heart, not your friends. I pray that you be the special friend to somebody who might need you to be. You have a heart of gold and a sweet spirit, and I hope that they are protected in this new school setting. I hope that you'll always come home to me with your joys and sorrows, because I will always be ready to listen. I love you, you big kid.




All my love,
Your Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment