09 March 2012

mid 20's crisis

Yesterday I was in the middle of a mid-20's crisis...or so I thought. Dramatic? Maybe - but that is honestly how it felt at the time. I just sat at the computer rocking Poppy's bouncer with my foot and tried to distract myself with blogs, Pinterest, Facebook, etc. I heard Amelia around the corner start singing the words to The Wiggles songs, and instantly felt 95% better. So I relocated Poppy and myself to the couch to watch the show, because that's where I needed to be.

After this first week of keeping Poppy, Amelia has made it very clear that she is not getting enough attention. By the end of the day yesterday she was ready to send Poppy packing {only to ask where she was 2 hours later}. I'm going to really have to work at still doing the things Amelia and I normally do when Poppy isn't here. I think I've made up for it this morning. It's only 8:30 {8:39} {8:48} {8:55} and it has already taken me 45 minutes to write this little bit. And I've reheated my coffee twice..Her favorite game this morning is hiding under my covers from monsters. Confession: sometimes I don't even tell her they aren't there and they aren't real, because I love that she wants me hiding under the covers with her keeping her safe from the "monstuhs".



Our Disney trip was almost cancelled due to some unfortunate events, but Michel and my mom are doing everything they can to make it happen. Can't wait for Monday week. I need some magical moments in my life!


Happy Friday!
{look for a jonesin' fridays post this afternoon}


xoxo,
Cadence

1 comment:

  1. family means making sure you get your butt to disney. whatever it takes.

    ReplyDelete