02 March 2012

foggy afternoons

Yesterday, I sent my mom a text after a long whiny morning that read "You will be my best friend if you take Amelia for a few hours". Thankfully, my mom really wants to be my best friend and took her off our hands for the afternoon! Some days I feel like it's all I can do to just survive some moments. Yesterday morning my whole day felt like it was off to a rough start thanks to a very sad dream I had. Amelia was showing off her best "terrible 2's" tantrums and my patience was running thin. I hate feeling like that. Like I am just "surviving" motherhood and not enjoying motherhood. That's why I knew it was important to get a few hours to myself.

The day ended well. Adam & I decided to take the boat out for our first boat ride of the year, and it was foggy and fabulous. When we left the house it was sunny & warm, and as soon as we hit Navarre we were surrounded by a thick fog. We took the boat out anyways and dropped the anchor. We sat on the floor in the boat and we washed down Chex Mix with Coors. We sat and talked, and we also sat & enjoyed moments of silence. It was awesome. I am so glad March is here, and I am looking forward to many more boat rides with Adam & Amelia {and friends & family}.


xoxo,
Cadence



1 comment:

  1. Cadence, that was a great blog!! So glad you are around your folks and they were available to let you and Adam have some down time!! What a blessing!! Great write up!

    ReplyDelete